Friday, November 27, 2009

Llyr

I had the pleasure of running into C.M. the other day. He had informed me that his amazingly fucked up one-man Black Metal project Llyr was on hiatus due to a series of misfortunes. Much of Llyr's recordings were lost forever. I hurried home and after searching through a huge stack of CDR's I was able to dig up Llyr's first demo Unil Glew Ysgnd. My copy didn't have a cover so I arbitrarily used this graphic. It seems fitting. Hopefully C.M. will be able to recover past efforts, and endeavor towards new ones in the near future, and hopefully he will share those with us. This demo is a magnificent piece of bizarre, raw Black Metal.

12 comments:

Alex said...

I love this blog.
Please keep posting these obscure black metal gems from the absolute abyss, they make my day!

eric j said...

Any time you can arbitrarily use a Harry Clarke graphic I'm sold immediately.

ido said...

Thanks for posting this. I hope C.M. is able to recover his past recordings.

Anonymous said...

this is cm and thanks for caring. my life is falling apart but your love will show me the way.

Anonymous said...

this is cm. and i am grateful for your love. my life is skattered and in falling apart. i thank you gratitude. i will make it through this life that is already dead

augustus said...

thanks for all your love. with out that i could not move on. life is at a stand still and without this i would not make it . cm

Will Towles said...

Had a kid two weeks ago, this blog has helped me take a few great ""mini vacations". Yester one playing day was pretty shitty, I had this in my head phone while I shopped for baby stuff at Walmart. Thanks for putting the prefect sound track to a profoundly nihilistic and misanthropic moment.

matthew said...

i miss you man,,,

WastedLonelyCathedral said...

This is amazing. I love this blog, I love this BM project. I need to hear more LLyr. Best discovery on this blog? Too many to mention. Overwhelmingly good though, LLyr. Please continue making music. Things fall apart, things come back together.

Anonymous said...

i just need to to get the other songs from the four track tapes, my computer got stolen, i have other projects too.

rickets said...

this is the best thing i've heard in a long time...do you have any more of this stuff?

gareth said...

just found this on my hard drive - powerful music

hope life works out for him...