Monday, March 1, 2010

Proud

Proud were yet another sadly overlooked FWOSHM (First Wave of Swedish Heavy Metal) band that could hold their own against some Hearse faves like Torch, Gotham City, and Glory Bells (well maybe not Glory Bells, they were ridiculously awesome.) So you know the drill: great hooks and leads, influences taken from the greats of NWOBHM but executed with a bit more skill and class, that is how most of these Swedish bands operated and Proud were really no different, with the exception that there was something distinctly maudlin in their sound. Fire Breaks The Dawn, the band's only release, came out in 1984. It was released by EMI, leading me to believe that someone had high hopes for these lads, but alas this great album was forever relegated to the cut-out bins of history.

6 comments:

e normous said...

I have to recommend Zone Zero to you. "Demon from the Kingdom of Death" is brilliant song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkj7jw1mdFs

(and also, cool logo)


I'll put up a mediafire link for you.

e normous said...

EMI : Every Mistake Imaginable.

Aesop said...

I have their win or die 7". It will be here eventually.

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled upon your blog this weekend. I feel like I have just walked into a dream of just about everything I ever treasured musically, all being in once place.
I thank you, so much. You didn't save my life, but damn, you sure as hell made it a whole lot brighter. Some of these albums I've been looking for, pert' near forever. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU-- From an oldschool metal chick who still loves Diesel's "Sausolito Summer Night"!!!

My only request, if I may be so bold, is that you re-up the link to Night Sun's "Mournin'" album. I had some trouble with that one, and that album is one of those "desert island" type deals for me. And what an island it'd be!!! ; )

Voluspa9 said...

This album is pretty awesome. I am a big fan of NWOBHM stuff, and this is right up my alley. Thanks, as always!

e normous said...

link for the Night Sun - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=75R2TTTU