Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Borgo

Here's an excellent tape of unrefined lo-fi Black Metal from Germany courtesy of Borgo. Some cheap sounding ambient keyboard pieces crop up between the quivering repetitive Black Metal songs. I think there might be vocals mixed way back under the hiss of the guitars but I can't hear them. This is exactly what I want a Black Metal cassette demo to be, obscure, noisy, and full of vague mystery. The sort of thing that sparks more questions than answers. The sort of thing that seems more like it had to be made more than it wanted to.

10 comments:

ido said...

I can't thank you enough for sharing your collection of black metal cassettes. Pure dark bliss.

chris said...

sounds right up my alley, thanks

kocour hospoda said...

File seems to be gone ?!?

Anonymous said...

this is exactly the kind of stuff i LIVE for!!! obscure and distant...the motivation to create this burns deep inside, not found in the external world...THANKS!

Christopher L G Hill said...

great stuff! brutal blogging!

Aesop said...

The file isn't gone. Come on.

BradethQ said...

Jesus fuck, this is damned obscure. The "drums" sound like there's a train going by down the block. I also like that each track has it's own Intro and Outro.
Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Aesop-
You did it again! Really, really nice one- obscure, mysterious and pitch-black. What more could one ask for?

-The Anonymous Jew

encomiast said...

train-drums! I'm going to record a train and use it for percussion on my next demo.

This tape is wicked tasty, and so minimal.

dustinswanson said...

verr good!!! i'm always going to have a soft spot on my skull for this type of shit. the guitars have that special air-conditioning sound that i love.