Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Spikehead

We're going to do something different here. Rather than give you some audial treasure I have decided to share a PDF of Spikehead zine issue #4 so generously provided by the awesome RAF666 blog. The zine was painstakingly written, edited, and laid out by two dedicated French fiends, Ben and Sebastien. I'm guessing this was around 1990. This issue features some of The Hearse's favorite early extremists: Dismember, Death, Autopsy, Sabbat, Carcass, Asphyx, and Napalm Death. Essentially morbid reading.

6 comments:

catatonic disassembly said...

nice :)

I still get a kick that, essentially, these are now the Black Sabbaths of whatever "metal" has turned into. And somewhere, there's just something "the kids" are doing that I just don't understand lol.

Aylmer said...

nice idea to get some zines up here. thanks

Eibon said...

Ho boy! This is me, page 15, Cemetery, last one on the right, back in the days...All hails Ben & Thanks RAF666

Toxik Boys said...

Cool idea. Love the old zines.
The first time i've read about Autopsy was in the Satanic Death' zine, a nice extremists japanese project from 1988. I'll post it soon inspired for you.

Metal2hu said...

I was born too late (1990), so I was unable to experience all of this as it was happening. Needless to say, this was a great read.

Anonymous said...

Jesus Christ I remember buying this form Wild Rags back in the day! EXQUISITE!!!!!