Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Aaargh!

Scraps were from France, they only cared about playing fast and fucking up your system. They were so fucking French and nihilist they had a song called "I hate memories." The aptly titled Aargh! EP was released in 1987 on Aaltrack Records. This is the band's second EP, but they did manage to eke out three EPs, two LPs and a tape during their ten year run. I struggle to imagine anything more punk than this record, and that includes Rancid. Oh, and if you want one of these, Amoeba in San Francisco has it for $100.

6 comments:

GRK. said...

I like the 'Apartheid' EP lots & am keen to hear this one (if I've not already...) Ta!

Anonymous said...

Sweet Jesus, this is awesome. Thanks! That's all I have to say.

Anonymous said...

Aesop, you don't strike me as somebody who actually likes Rancid, or at least the Rancid that released 'Ruby Soho'...

Chris said...

Great stuff, thanks.

camo beret said...

Holy freedom fries this is good! I don't know what the hell guy is singing but the music kicks ass. Tight rhythm section!

Brandude said...

This ep pounds!