Saturday, October 3, 2009

Abysmal Grief

Italy is once again the focus, but this time it is the classic Italian Horror-Doom of Abysmal Grief. Though a relatively new band, Abysmal Grief invoke the sinister occult vibes of fellow countrymen Jacula, Death SS, Jess Franco, and Mario Bava. Haunted castles, clandestine seances, cobwebbed hallucinations, and the robust druggy breasts of an innocent girl lured into the sanguine rituals of sadistic, satanic noblemen. All of this is conjured by the towering sounds of Abysmal Grief. Enter if you dare. Released on beautiful vinyl and CD by the extremely awesome Black Widow Records.

16 comments:

t-rocc said...

oooooh i'm very interested in this - it's telling me that track 5 is corrupt, though!

Roger Camden said...

that's a great cover
and italian horror is one of my things

Aesop said...

I just downloaded it and played all the tracks fine, anybody else having troubles?

Anonymous said...

Yep, I can't even open the zip file.

Chairmaker said...

Love these guys: I'll have to check out Jakula and those other bands you mentioned-- any that are particularly good?

Anonymous said...

Track 5 corrupt for me as well.

skullgrid said...

yeah sorry to be the bringer of bad news but i tried it twice and also got the corrupt track 5

Aesop said...

rezipped and reupped to a new link, no promise that it will fix the problem.

Kevin Gan Yuen said...

thaaaank you Aesop

t-rocc said...

word, thanks man - the new upload works perfectly. now to light some candles and settle into this thing...

EarthreceptoR said...

Doooooood, this is fantastic! Thanks! This will be part of the Halloween play set.

ido said...

I'm also a huuuge fan of gothic and Italian horror. So just the cover art is giving me an aesthetic hard-on. The write-up just brings it over the edge. Really going to enjoy this. Thank you so much.

gamefaced said...

oooo. i am so excite.

eh mon said...

that cover has giallo written all over it.

Helmutt said...

Holy Ravioli! This album has made my month. I don't know if I've ever listened to a 12 minute song so many times in a row. Thanks Aesop!

finalXnail said...

this is so wonderfully nerdy. It really makes me fondly remember my tendem Magic: The Gathering/Sabbath phase. Fine, who I am I kidding, that shit's here to stay. Only I'll include this in the soundtrack. Totally owns! Thanks Aesop.