Saturday, November 20, 2010

Maggot Sandwich

Cosmic Hearse is long overdue for a post on these snark-infested Florida antipunks, so I have decided to do this right and give you a whole lotta Sandwich in this one post. Maggot Sandwich started in Pensacola in 1984 and continues to this day (I think.) Over the course of their lengthy history the band has released a few 7"s, a couple of LPs and tapes, and contributed to many home-spun punk compilations. The hallmark of the Florida punk bands of the '80s was a certain degree of off-kilter humor (see F, Gay Cowboys, Roach Motel, Broken Talent) and Maggot Sandwich had this tenfold, and down to a fucking science. Check it out, I am giving you a bunch of stuff here, not exactly sure what, but the great Get off the Stage LP as well as the Murder War and Dead to My World EPs are included. There may be some duplicate tracks and shit but don't bust my balls over it, just party with classics like "Dinty Moore Night" and "USS Foreskin."


7 comments:

TMM said...

Dinty Moore Night.....I love that

Anonymous said...

DO you live in california??

TMM

abdul alhazred said...

That LP is great; I can't wait to here more stuff from these clowns...

Thanks.

Embers said...

This really brings back memories. I know you're from southern Florida, but I'm from the Panhandle and Maggot Sandwich were the shit. I remember playing a show with them right after Murder War came out. Brilliant.

night of the fifty foot assmaggot said...

Ohh yeaa!

Death Breath said...

And I thought I was an aficionado! Thank you for bringing them to the world!

starkweather444 said...

I got the Gay Cowboys In Bondage compilation a few years ago and none of the songs were as good as Domestic Battlefield.