Monday, January 21, 2008

Black Flag's 1982 Demo

Black Flag's 1982 demo was the band's only recording made with Chuck Biscuits on drums. Dez was still playing rhythm guitar. These songs ended up on later albums except for "Yes I Know" and "What Can You Believe?" This recording (and another 4 song demo with Bill Stevenson and Kira Roessler) have been bootlegged time and time again, but Black Flag is one of my favorite bands and I wanted to pay tribute here on the Hearse. The band never released this, there is no artwork, so I have opted to post one of my favorite Pettibon drawings instead.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4P775LZ4

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure that it wasn't intentional, but posting a BLACK Flag demo along with that artwork on MLK Jr.'s birthday seems a little... I don't know.

Aesop said...

Nope, hadn't occurred to me. I didn't want to rack my brain coming up with some half-assed topical post, so I just posted whatever first came to mind.

Bobovdeath said...

i dig this its pretty rockin

Anonymous said...

tHANKS MAN.
I love hearing Dukowski on these songs.

Mene Oner said...

WOW. Thanks for sharing. Does everybody pay for a memebrship to Mega Uploads or is there a work around without buying a MegaUploads membership?

Aesop said...

No, you don't have to pay.

yellow.eyes said...

The intro to MY WAR on this is fucking POWERFUL...For a while I was listening to "Live '84" when I woke up, but I'd get into Hank crooning, "This one's called 'Nervous Breakdown,'" and I'd shut it off, put the 82 demo on, and get ready to start the day.

"Okay let's hear this white boy try and sing."

assnt pigkeeper said...

This is awesome, man! Thanks so much for sharing this.

alain said...

Late (i've listening to it since i got it here... like 2 months ago)

But, thank you :)

Anonymous said...

links down

Uncle Dirt said...

any chance of a repost? :)