Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Congo Vision '76

Here's a great record that was released not by a label, but rather the General Administration of Congolese Cultural Affairs with the intent of promoting national arts. The nation's best and brightest young talents were enlisted to write, arrange, perform and record these fantastic songs singing the praise of the Congo and it's people. Nationalist propaganda never sounded so good or funky. It's like they were running a Quinn Martin country. I don't think a volume two was ever made.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is the rest of the record just propaganda? The back cover shows nine tracks. Anyway, thanks for posting!

the wizard said...

wow..

The History of Opinion said...

Hah! I live in Congo-Brazzaville and I am never able to find any local music. Leave it to Aesop to find some for me.

obm said...

nice one, this looks fun and interesting. nowt to say really seeing as I've not listened yet, but I'm endeavouring not to be a twat...or rather, fuckwit. hmmm, why am I writing so much with mothing to say...ah well....

Todd said...

Maybe my favorite things you've posted. Hell yeah.

Aesop said...

Sorry about the missing track, thought I had the whole thing here. Oh well.

Anonymous said...

sweet more 70's african music, cant get enough, thanks

obm said...

and after having listened to this....oh yeah, quality gear!

azxtlx said...

emjoyed thanks