Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Magenta Skycode

It's hard to say what was going on in the heads of Thergothon's Niko Sirkiä and Jori Sjöroos when they decided to abandon towering doom and form This Empty Flow, a more delicate band reminiscent of the Cure or Slowdive. And while I am certain that Thergothon's five or six fans in 1994 were shocked and dismayed by this abrupt shift in style, Magenta Skycode is a beautiful record that might make you feel like a teenage girl who just had her heart broken by some mean boy.


11 comments:

Steven said...

I love stuff like that. Oh, the shame.
And it comes from Thergothon, intriguing...

z said...

"Magenta Skycode is a beautiful record that might make you feel like a teenage girl who just had her heart broken by some mean boy."

that s a hard sell

e normous said...

The thing I like best about the Thergothon album is the really somber, sweeping "melody" (strip that word of all its pansy-ish connotations).. so yeah, something like this doesn't seem that improbable to me.

Now I should listen to it, maybe...

gamefaced said...

love this much. thanks.

-admitted, goth/shoegaze enthusiast.

chris said...

looking forward to this, thanks

Kevy Metal said...

Awesome, really. I'll throw this on inbetween some Anathema and Agalloch.

eric said...

Well, I loves me some Thergothon and I loves me some Slowdive, so I'll definitely be giving this a shot.

You ever heard Kadotus 609, Aesop?

Aesop said...

I know of a Black metal band called Kadotus, but not a Kadotus 609.

Anonymous said...

Always a pleasure, sir.

Anonymous said...

They have this band on the metal archives... while it is very awesome, it really isn't very metal.

theheft said...

This is really awesome. Thanks!