Friday, July 3, 2009

Hellas

Greece's Kyrck Productions has laboriously compiled this epic two disc collection of cult Hellenic Metal from 1989-2006. Some heralded pioneers of the scene like Rotting Christ, Varathron, Septic Flesh, and Necromantia, along with some of my favorites like Agatus, Nocternity and Kawir, and a few great bands that I hadn't previously heard like Nocturnal Death and Disharmony. I was aware that Greece has produced a number of quality metal bands over the years but this is a staggering two-and-a-half-hours of essential black and death metal. No real duds here.


6 comments:

Addison said...

good job holdin down the Hammers of Misfortune merch table last night Aesop. Pentagram were excellent

Ryan said...

Yeah, what that guy said. I thought it was you doin' merch Aesop, but since I don't know you personally I would feel like a total nerd tool saying, "Dude I love your blog." The word blog should never be uttered in real life, hahah... Anyway, this comp. looks fucking rad, I will download! Thanks...

Aesop said...

That was my way of seeing Pentagram from a comfortable, uncrowded vantage point and for free.

Helm said...

"μέρος δεύτερο"

always pleased when you post good greek black metal! :D

X. T. Yanman said...

SHIT THIS IS GREAT EVER SINCE HEARING VARATHRON, CANT GET ENOUGH

kramer820 said...

Hey, thanks for this comp. Especially the older Rotting Christ and Varathron have an truly unique sound and black metal definitely ist GREEK!