Monday, December 21, 2009

Dismal

Here's some really odd gothic/doom form where else but Italy. Dismal is an appropriate name for this group of maudlin youth from Turin. Their first demo, Our Sad Saga, treads the same moonlit paths as fellow countrymen Ras Algethi and Arkana, but with less sophistication. Dismal, at least in this early phase, have something very teenage about their approach which works in their favor. The band is apparently still around but I am not familiar with their work after Our Sad Saga. If you hunger for simple classic Italian doom with mournful strings and creepy Mario Bava-esque church organs, Dismal is going to make your night.

5 comments:

ido said...

Am downloading now!!!

Noah said...

italian doom is the shiiiiit. thanks man.

Mike Desert said...

When I listen to this I imagine Alessandro and Davide sneaking into my room late at night and going through my wallet.

Aesop said...

I imagine that happened fairly often.

superfun said...

interesting stuff.. thanks