Tuesday, February 23, 2010

5 Revolutions

Before the completists get all uppity, I know that this download is NOT the entire album. However, this is just too fun to keep to myself, maybe you can track down a complete version of it. 5 Revolutions were yet another delicious pop-psych group from Zambia. Recently I learned that many of these great Zambian recordings we have been loving here were made possible through the tireless work of Mr. Edward Khuzwayo, a Zambian promoter and music entrepeneur. Sadly Khuzwayo passed away recently. His very informative obituary can be read here. R.I.P Mr. Khuzwayo, here's the 5 Revolutions.

16 comments:

Unknown said...

fabulous. thanks for sharing this. totally worth it.

THRIPS said...

Wait, didn't you post this a long time ago? or was this on awesome tapes from africa?

icoulddietomorrow said...

love these Zambian posts, thanks.

Anonymous said...

These Zambian post are most excellent!

Anthony said...

This is pretty great!!! Thanks Ace!

Anonymous said...

amazing shit

Chairmaker said...

Thanks much, this stuff's all great.

kimmiegibler said...

These are all filler except You Don't Know me... I don't know what all these amazing comments are about. You could probably post the Agathocles/Psycho split say its great and have everyone agree with you.

Anonymous said...

Oh look, more worthless novelty from the Cosmic Arse!

Aesop said...

Ah, a hater. I have finally made it.

Anonymous said...

if its enjoyable to some, why hate? at least leave your name. no big deal of course.

-andrew

p.s. i like it, thanks.

Unknown said...

Thumbs up from Melbourne, Australia

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link to the obit., interesting stuff. I can't wait for things by the Tinkles to, um, float to the surface...

kombatrock said...

I am totally digging this. Thanks.

noone said...

Man I love this group! I also found this on Awesome Tapes from Africa originally and they instantly became one of my all time favorites. Remind me a lot of early Can actually but with a groove that just melts in the pocket. Very very nice post!

Anonymous said...

I lived and worked in Zambia at the time the 5 revolutions were at their best. Used to have two albums, but theij got lost on transition from Zambia to Holland. Fun to hear the songs again
Leo