Monday, July 4, 2011

Demian

This one was nicked from my bro Mike over at Blog The Jerk, it is too great of a 70's dirthead party record to not be passed around like a big smoldering jay of ratweed. Todd and Rod, a couple of bong buddies from San Antonio, might be remembered for their weird work in Bubble Puppy, but after the band's demise they became Demian. Some seeds and stems may fill out an otherwise solid bag, but there's enough buds in this record to get you through. Even the songs that don't necessarily "rock" are still excellently crafted and well played. A great summertime in the park album, take off your shoes.

12 comments:

francis jones said...

I love your comparisons to ratweed, as your very right about it. not amazing, but not to be turned down. I think ill take the advice and take this to a park too

JM said...

I saw the Bubble Puppy reunion recently in Austin. Hadn't played in decades, and they were great.

Uncle Dirt said...

See, the 70's! Another highlight! Love 'Face the Crowd'

Anonymous said...

i will take off my shoes. i don't like wearing shoes during the summer. thanks, buddy!

Dick Cheney said...

coool awesome. "Todd's Tune" is also on the Bubble Puppy album btw weird.

Mike Desert said...

Thanks for the props! The record opens up with such a mind blowing track, it took me some listens before I really appreciated a lot of the other tunes. Same can be said when I got the Bubble Puppy record just for "Hot Smoke..."

Coreopsis said...

Tanks, Man

Chris said...

Wasn't sure how I would react to this, but found myself putting it on repeated listens. Looked up the Bubble Puppy story on their official site, and to say the least it had it's odd moments. Very, very odd moments.

bob said...

Pretty cool but major hailz to blog the jerk for turning me on to neil merryweathers Kryptonite record, everyone needs to check that one out, incredible

Aesop said...

Agreed. That record and that blog are rule.

Tony Larson said...

Hey man, thanks so much for posting this! I've been looking for this on vinyl. Any leads? Thanks again!

evel steve said...

Amazing no one mentioned that these guys backed up Steely Dan.