Monday, February 4, 2008

Panna Sinun Hasis Ja Panna Rikki

I am, by no stretch of the imagination, an expert on the vast world of Finnish punk. For a more learned source go no further than the great Down Underground blog. But anyhoo, here I present my personal favorite Finnish punk record (mind you, my experience is limited), Rutto's Ei Paluuta ep from 1983. The key ingredient to Rutto's charm, other than their utterly wonky playing, was their tiny frontwoman who screams with such hysteria it's as if your girlfriend was from Finland, caught you ball-deep in her sister, and then formed a band on the spot to give you the what for. And why the fuck not, ass candle, you fucked up big time, bro.

Here

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you meant to say "I am NOT, by ANY stretch of the imagination, an expert on the vast world of Finnish punk."
BTW, I did have a Finnish girlfriend at one time but she didn't have a sister.