Wednesday, February 2, 2011

No Side

One of the better known and more sought after Japanese hardcore records, The Comes No Side is an enjoyable little rager of estrogenocidal fury from Tokyo. The Comes were one of the earliest bands playing hardcore in Japan and perhaps stood out due to the fact they were fronted by a fabulous babe. People will write off their second effort, Power Never Die, but they can swing from my nuts, it's a great record as well. Members of The Comes went on to form the raging Lip Cream.

8 comments:

ido said...

This record rules over my soul with an iron fist. The live double album makes my toes curl even more. Genius.

TMM said...

Power Never Die.....is a great album.

It's what you get if you mix up japanese punk with "Behind the Realms of Madness" by Sacrilege....that's a damn good mix in my book.....

Patrick Hughes said...

I loves you with all my music heart, Cosmic Aesop Hearse Man.

Frank said...

Great band, great album, people who talk shit on Power Never Die have no taste in music

sluttet said...

Aesop, have you heard Himei (悲鳴)? They play pretty cool down-picked, minimally distorted, hc punk in The Comes tradition. MCR just released a couple ep's by them. Oh yeah, put up Power Never Die, please!

the wizard said...

That HIMEI record is way beyond punk "in the Comes tradition" - it's the second coming (pardon the pun). This is a great development, as No Sufe us my single favorite Japanese punk record....ever.

ryan said...

Yeah put up "Power Never Die"!!! I love "No Side" so I'd be interested to hear the rest of the Comes stuff...

script hacks LoL! said...

8====D~~~~~