Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Alda

Alda are an excellent young Black Metal band from Washington state. They use a variety of devices, tempos, feels, within these five songs, but don't stray away from the conventions. The result is quite compelling and reminds me of what drew me to Black Metal in the first place. Alda are doing it right, focusing on songs and atmosphere without being overly concerned with being weird, arty, satanic, post-whatever, or any of the other sub sub sub genres that cloud the waters. I really appreciate this, hopefully there is more to come.

9 comments:

brett said...

this is great. thanks!

Anicon said...

As long as they don't go around calling themselves Cascadian I'm glad to hear something new from my home state. Thanks!

Shelby Cobras said...

Yeah, but:

http://www.moonbattery.com/alan-alda.jpg

???

GRK. said...

Thank you. Any of 'em called Alan?

GRK. said...

D'oh.

Estatic Fear said...

I've been searching for this for a while now. Thanks.

Dudeski said...

This is really good - thank you

MRC said...

diggin' this!

lkajfdslkjdfo said...

this is ok