Monday, November 10, 2008

Return Of The Blood Farmers

If you saw this one at your local Black Metal mercantile, you probably glossed over it. Perhaps because of its dull cover art, the band's generic name and the logo's font. You may have dismissed Dark Tribe as another inane corpse-painted horde of euro-teen pillow biters paying tribute to Satan and Darkthrone by glutting an already oversaturated market with another boring, worthless black metal record. Well, you couldn't be more wrong, champ. This German band is worth your time, their 2004 album, In Jeraspunta - Die Rückkehr Der Tollwütigen Bestie is the sonic equivalent to deep-seated psychosis. At times like the buzzing of a thousand insects, at others, like the stabbing of a thousand knives. Many of the songs seem to never kick in, a tension is built and never released. It all adds up to a rather taught and unnerving listening experience. Dark Tribe, despite their name, is unlike anything before them or anything since. Trust me. This is fucked and mandatory.


23 comments:

Nickthrone said...

this is good. thanks A

Dan Han said...

lolwut, it is in M4A file... >.>

Anonymous said...

this band is cool. I bought their first album a few years ago, then heard this one on mp3 a while later. For some reason I haven't returned to it, but I remember it being really good. It's much more agressive than the first one. I can upload that if you're interested.

Anonymous said...

wow. The 6:50 mark on "The Unknown Light".

Aesop said...

E NOrmous, thanks, but I have it. It's nothing as special as this album.

Anonymous said...

Realy refreshing stuff! Got a Zheul/Magma vibe off them also... Strange in a good way! Thank you Aesop!

Roger Camden said...

That was the hard sell, to be certain, sir.
But you've got my vote.

Magma vibe? Must investigate further.

Anonymous said...

If anyone is interested in a vinyl version of this masterpiece you can contact this guy like I did:

fogoftheapocalypse at yahoo.de

Limited to 500 copies and has a way cooler logo and cleaner art.

Thanks to the Hearse for making me a little lighter in the pocket.

This rules.

-Jabladav

Anonymous said...

"The Seed Is Rising" (Track 7)gives me a Magma/Zheul vibe. Amazingly this works in a B.M. context....

Anonymous said...

i also can't play m4a's but i was able to find it on slsk and DAMN this is great...unhinged but in a way that is hard to describe but very enjoyable. great stuff.

Aesop said...

Sorry about the m4as. I ripped this right from the CD. If I can provide mp3s I do. There was a lengthy discussion about the means to change them in another post.

Anonymous said...

Love it.

Todd said...

Man, I'm really digging this.

Anonymous said...

Yesterday a left wing candidate lost the elections for mayor in the horrid city I leave in, and now this.

Its been a great week so far.

TMM said...

I had the same problem with M4A'a. Google M4A to Mp3 coverter and you can get a whole selection of converters for free.

Anonymous said...

this music hurts my soul

Anonymous said...

Awesome upload. This has a certain sense of urgency in the music most other BM lacks. Thank you.

macumbista said...

Having trouble unzipping this on a Mac. With Archive Utility, I get "Error 1 - Operation not permitted". With Stuffit, it gets hung unzipping "05 Iron Grave.m4a" ("Time remaining: about 2023406814 hours").

Either this is too evil to live on my HD or there's something else going on. Anyone else get this? Disc isn't full, have unzipped several other DLs this eve, tried in other folders, re-downloaded the file, etc...

Suggestions welcome.

Aesop said...

I'll look into it.

Aesop said...

Okay, so it was fucked. New zip, new link, all fixed.

Aesop said...

LOL WUT is Black Circle of Gaia, are you fucking serious?

Tanners666 said...

This is one of the best things I've heard in fucking ages! I would ask what else you would recommend in this vein, but as you pointed out, there isn't much! Once again, good work Aesop!

ido said...

This record makes me feel all happy and gooey inside.