Saturday, September 6, 2008

Root Of Evil

The trio of Corvus, Necron, and Kryth, better known as Korgonthurus, aren't fucking around. The Finnish trio serves up Black Metal plain and simple, without any outside influence or digressions. Riffs, Satan, Evil, and that's it. And really, what would you expect? Like the aforementioned Sargeist, Korgonthurus has ties to Horna, one of the best known and respected cult Finnish Black Metal bands. I still prefer Korgonthurus and Sargeist to Horna, perhaps only because they stick to the formula with an almost orthodox devotion. Here's Korgonthurus' Root Of Evil demo from 2001.

11 comments:

Nickthrone said...

NEKRO!!!

Anonymous said...

I really likes Sargeist but I like this much better.The riffs do more for me and the Vocals just blow it away.This is definitely something I'd like to hear more of

Toxik Boys said...

great post

thx man!

greetings

Anonymous said...

ahhh... i love black metal
good stuff, thanks

Anonymous said...

Why does this remind me of the cover of the Reason to Believe record?

Aesop said...

The late 80's so-cal Rites of Spring-esque band? I knew one of those guys, Rodney.

Anonymous said...

man this link is broken! damn damn damn

SAM THOMAS said...

yes link is fucked.fix?

Anonymous said...

mebbe re-upload to media fire yes?

ido said...

I'd also appriciate a re-up if you have the time.

Again, I can't thank you enough for initiating me into the world of unholy blank metal.

Anonymous said...

file not found....