Thursday, May 22, 2008

Yü-Gung

Einstürzende Neubauten are perhaps one of my all-time favorite bands. I know that some people are intimidated by the sheer number of releases, so I thought it best to post the Yü-Gung ep from 1985. This was my introduction to the sonic klang of Einstürzende Neubauten, and it gives a pretty good idea of what this incredible band is about. You get a remix of the song "Yü-Gung", the Halber Mensch album's version of "Seele Brent", (one of the scariest songs ever recorded), and a beautiful rendition of Lee Hazelwood's "Sand." If you have never listened to Einstürzende Neubauten and you find this to your liking, I highly recommend starting with the albums Halber Mensch and Haus Der Luge. If you are already a fan, grab this ep for the otherwise unreleased material.

5 comments:

Devil Dick said...

nice spot!
cheers!
dd

Mark Pino On Drums said...

Did you see Caspar Brotzmann and FM Einheit when they toured together? Pretty f'in amazing. Their version of Morning Dew is pretty special as well.
Cheers.

Aesop said...

I have seen Caspar Brotzman before but never with FM Einheit. Wish I would have though.

Anonymous said...

Thanks a ton for posting this!

Anonymous said...

this band wins the award for I've meant to check them out for fucking years now and never do/always forget to. Ever since I first got into Skinny Puppy years and years back I always meant to give them guys a listen. Thanks for finally getting me off my ass!